Every year around this time, Hampton Roads experiences a shake-up unlike any other.
What is it & Who is it for?
DisruptHR is an annual information exchange designed to energize, inform, and empower HR professionals. This event is worldwide, meaning that human resources people in every country are sharing ideas, strategies, and stories. Each speaker gets five minutes to teach us all something new.
The ripple effect from something so massive is incalculable.
Where & When is it?
We hope to see you for DisruptHR this year:
- Where: The Museum of Contemporary Art (M.O.C.A.) in Virginia Beach
- When: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 5:30 pm-8:00 pm
- What: Awesome disruptive speakers, networking, food, beer, wine, live DJ, and of course FUN!
Who will be there?
Here at home, our branch is hosted by yours truly (Shelley D. Smith) and my colleague Stu Danforth, VP of ADP. We are excited this year, as we have been in years past, by the speakers on our panel and the topics to be covered:
- Shelley Smith: The Anatomy of Workplace Culture
- Stu Danforth: Fixing the Talent Management Disconnect; Employer Perception vs. Employee Reality
- Pratik Kothari: Tools to Transform your Work & Personal Productitivy
- Corey Shelton: You’re Acting like a Real “B” – Stop It!
- Kaila Kea: Career Coaching: The Value of a Company Career Coach
- Kimie Porter: Creating a Conscious Corporation
- Mike Dugan: Stopping the Revolving Door of Sales Reps
- Kerri Arnold: Disrupt your Culture with Kindness
- Anne Gilson: Hair on Fire & Human Resources
There are many, many more, but we don’t want to spoil the surprises!
The word ‘disrupt’ means literally to interrupt or break apart convention. As our world moves further and further from traditional means of managing people, work flows, and more, HR has a responsibility to do more than adapt—we must disrupt. Only by interrupting and breaking apart the norms will we succeed in making progress.
Managing humans as resources has never been easy, and DisruptHR acknowledges that while effortlessly presenting revolutionary concepts, fresh ideas, and strategic tactics for setting it all in motion. Not just for Human Resources professionals, either—everyone is welcome!
Excited yet? We are. See you there.